Sunday, August 21, 2011

Throw Together Recipe!

Pin It Now!
Earlier I looked in my cabinet and noticed I had some pizza dough mix and wanted to use it, but I did not have any of the ingredients to make a pizza. Bummer, right? So I searched far and wide for some easy and simple recipes using pizza dough and I found 2 good ones that featured ingredients I actually had. Check them out below

Garlic Knots
  • one package of pizza dough 
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil 
  • 3 gloves of garlic, minced 
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In large bowl, combine olive oil and garlic at bottom. Using kitchen scissors or a knife, cut off 1 inch pieces of the pizza dough, dropping them into the bowl with the garlic/oil mixture. Toss them gently and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. These are best served immediately.


Cinnamon Sugar Bites
  • one package of pizza dough
  • 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Add the melted butter to a large bowl. Using a kitchen scissor or knife, cut 1 inch pieces from the dough and drop into the bowl. Mix gently to make sure each piece has butter on it. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over each piece. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until dough is brown and crusty. These are best served immediately.

But for this occasion, I decided to make the garlic knots and they turned out wonderful. The only thing that I did differently is add thick sliced cheese into the dough. I have a picture below of the finished product. Try these recipes out for yourself and let me know how you liked them. Bon appetite!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...