Sunday, January 1, 2012

Are New Year’s Resolutions a Waste of Time?

Pin It Now!

jg33aiwt

It seems like more and more people are refusing to set goals for the new year. It could be to avoid the feeling of failure we all get at the mid to end of the year when we realized we did not even come close to our goal. Or it could be we have given up on trying to correct bad habits we have.

Resolutions like exercise more, quit smoking, and get out debt, are still at the top of most people’s mental lists, but why are we not focusing on them as much anymore as we did in the past. I believe it is a little bit of both reasons mentioned above. No one likes feeling like a failure, so we say “If I don’t try I can’t fail, right”? I know this to be true for myself. I have avoided setting these types of goals because I hardly ever complete them and then I end up feeling defeated and that sucks.

So I have decided not to make a resolution this year, but instead work on little things and build up. Most times we start off way to big. Sometimes less is more!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...