Friday, July 20, 2012

Are We Safe Anywhere?

Pin It Now!
Colorado Movie Theater Shooting

This morning when I checked Twitter, I discovered that there was a mass shooting in Colorado. So I started reading tweets from everyone. And I found out that a man, James Holmes, who was studying for Ph.D in Neuroscience, opened fire in a Colorado movie theater and killed 12 people and injured 59 others. This really hit me hard and felt too close for comfort. Not that I live in Colorado or even close, but close because of the venue where the shootings took place. 

The fact that this all went down in a movie theater, really made me uneasy. I love going to the movies and consider myself a frequent movie-goer. So when I read that someone shot up a place that I go to alot, it freaked me out. Movie theaters are already dark, creepy, and boxed in, now we have to worry about getting shot?

But on a real serious note, I am praying for the victims and their families. Who every expects to be killed or injured in a presumably safe place like a theater?  Is anywhere safe these day? We all really need to pray!

Photobucket

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...