Monday, July 30, 2012

Chewy Oatmeal Bars!

Pin It Now!
Oatmeal Chewy Bars


Today I made Chewy Oatmeal Bars. I originally wanted to make some old fashion granola bars with nuts and chocolate chips but I was missing a few key ingredients like nuts and chocolate chips(Lol). All I had was some Aldi's baking mix, quick oats, white sugar, and butter. The original recipe called for brown sugar and it probably would have been better for this recipe, but I didn't have any. So I used white sugar and add some a little syrup to the mixture. Also, I didn't have any extras like nuts or chocolate chips, so I added a tad bit more oatmeal to replace the missing items. Besides making a few tweaks, the bars turned out great. They were crunchy on the top and soft and buttery in the middle. I hope you try this recipe. Enjoy!

Before bars are baked.


After bars have baked for 17 minutes.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cup baking mix
  • 1 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1 cup white sugar or brown sugar (I only had white)
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 egg (I didn't have eggs, but I used 3 tablespoons of mayo)
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until texture is crumbly. Then press mixture evenly into a lightly greased pan. Bake bars on 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until center is set. Let bars cool a bit, then cut into squares.


Photobucket
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...