Monday, February 27, 2012

Is Music Too Sexy These Days?

Pin It Now!

I sure think so. Everything is about “I’m gonna do this to you” and “I want you to lick that.” I just want to listen to a plain song about everyday things and not feel sexually harassed. And is it so bad to have a song that I can listen to around my mother without becoming insanely uncomfortable.

I still remember when pure talent was enough to sell records. There was not a big need for graphic lyrics and half- nakedness. And if an artist did want to make a song with sexual themes, they would at least camouflage it in a witty and unassuming way. And we never knew what they were talking about until we got older and took another listen. What ever happened to being cute and coy, and leaving something for the imagination?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...